Sign Up for AutoPay and never miss a payment again!
AutoPay is the most convenient way to ensure your bill is paid on time, every time.
When you enroll in the District’s AutoPay service, your monthly water bill will automatically be paid on the due date with your preferred payment method, helping ensure timely payments and avoidance of late fees. You will continue to receive a monthly billing statement for review 20 days prior to the due date.
Signing up is easy!
- Register online via the District’s WaterSmart Portal at https://goletawater.watersmart.com. All you need is your zip code and District Account Number, which can be found on the upper right corner of your billing statement.
- Once logged in, click on “View Bill” and then click “AutoPay” on the left.
- Follow the guided instructions to complete signup. You will continue to receive a monthly billing statement for review 20 days prior to the payment date.
The following forms of payment are accepted:
Checking account, Savings account, Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover), or Debit Card.
*Payments made with a credit or debit card will incur a processing fee of $1 or 2.8%, whichever is greater.
Still have questions about how to enroll? Click here for the District’s Electronic Payment Options Video and Information page.
AutoPay Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why should I sign up for AutoPay?
A: In addition to the added convenience of not having to remember to pay your bill, AutoPay also helps you:
- Save time: No more check writing, mailing envelopes, or logging on to make electronic payments on time.
- Save money: Avoid potential late fees and the need to buy stamps.
- Increase payment security: AutoPay is safe and secure, reducing the risk of fraud and identity theft.
- Go Green: AutoPay eliminates paper used for checks and envelopes, as well as greenhouse gas emissions from vehicles delivering physical payments.
Q: What forms of payment are accepted?
A: Customers can sign up using a checking/savings account, credit card, or debit card. Credit and debit card payments incur a $1.00 or 2.8% service fee, whichever is greater. If you want to change your payment method at any point, contact a District Customer Service representative.
Q: What if I have multiple accounts?
A: Customers with multiple accounts must enroll each individual account in AutoPay separately.
Q: When will AutoPay take effect after I enroll?
A: AutoPay will take effect the next billing cycle after you enroll. Once it is active, your bill will say “AUTOPAY” next to “Amount Enclosed.”
Q: What is my payment date with AutoPay?
A: Your AutoPay payment will occur on the due date indicated on your bill (20 days after the billing date), giving you time to review your bill before the payment date.
Q: What happens if I feel I have been over-billed?
A: If you have questions about your bill or feel you’ve been overcharged, please contact customer service and we will assist you.
District customer service representatives are available in person, by telephone, or online to answer questions and assist customers in paying their bills. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (805) 964-6761.